Zonta Club of Wynnum Redlands
The Zonta Club of Wynnum Redland was officially chartered on 25 September 1981.
Our Club supports a number of local initiatives which align with Zonta International's core values.
Our projects include:
- Promoting awareness of the issues around gender equality, through signage, events and community occasions.
- Supporting successful educational programs for the prevention of violence and to raise awareness of respectful relationships delivered to young men and women students through local high schools in Wynnum and the Redlands.
- Contributing to raising community awareness around issues of Family and Domestic Violence working in concert with support services and through organisations such as the Maybanke Association and Silky Oaks Family Support Program.
- Supporting the acute mental health unit at Redland Hospital through the provision of toiletry needs for in-patients.
- Supporting women going through breast cancer treatment with the provision of specialist breast care cushions.
While there are a number of busy centres in our area, Raby Bay Cleveland is our chosen meeting location. We meet for dinner at 6:00pm for a 6:30pm start on the second Monday of each month at the Raby Bay Harbour Village. You are most welcome to join us! Guests and prospective members must RSVP and are requested to contact us for details.
Zonta WR has a long and strong history. It was officially chartered on 25 September 1981, and we are proud that our charter members maintain regular connection with the club. Our membership is just under 30 fabulous women, so we are one of the larger Queensland clubs. Our demographic includes both younger and more mature members, and we are known as a particularly welcoming and inclusive club.
Each year we host two to three gala charity events, for which tickets are in demand. Many of our members have come to know us first through attendance at our events – and people around Brisbane regularly mark their calendar to save our dates!
Zonta is a leading global organisation of professionals empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy.
Our vision is a world in which women’s rights are recognised as human rights and every woman is able to achieve her full potential. In such a world, women have access to all resources and are represented in decision making positions on an equal basis with men. In such a world, no woman lives in fear of violence.